- Mr S Cooke - Curriculum Leader, Science
- Mr K Douglas - Assistant Curriculum Leader, Science
- Mr P Armstrong - Head of Yellow House
- Mrs V Keegan - Teacher of Science
- Mr N Muir - Teacher of Science
- Mr M Whitton - Teacher of Science
- Mrs E Whitton- Teacher of Science
- Mr G Gardner - Teacher of Science
Key Stage 3
Pupils in Year 7 will be studying the new "Exploring Science - Working Scientifically" course as from September. The Year 7 pupils will be given a password to access the course text book and interactive resources on a home computer. This will enable parents to have detailed information on what their child is being taught.
Pupils in year 8 will be studying "Exploring Science - Working Scientifically" course that matches the requirements of the new national curriculum for science.The Year 8 pupils will be given a password to access the course text book and interactive resources on a home computer. This will enable parents to have detailed information on what their child is being taught.
They will then begin their GCSE Science course. The GCSE course they are taught in year 9 is Edexcel Combined Science. The content is the same as in the Separate Science course that they may opt to do in year 10.
Key Stage 4
In Year 10 and 11 pupils will be studying for either:
- The Edexcel GCSE Combined Science qualification or,
- The three separate Edexcel GCSE qualifications in Biology, Chemistry and Physics (if they have opted for it)
A group of students are selected to attend a two hour session every two weeks to take part in extension activities in science with Mr Cooke. This usually involves the pupils taking part in problem solving activities and carrying out investigations that are designed to improve their thinking skills and extend their experience of science beyond the content in the National Curriculum.