- Mrs D Roberts - Curriculum Leader for Computing and Business
- Miss K Hallmark - Teacher of Computing and Business Studies
GCSE Business - 2 units, 2 exams, 50% each EDEXCEL Exam Board
Theme 1 - Investigating Small Business
- Enterprise and Entrepreneurship
- Spotting a business opportunity
- Putting the business idea into practice
- Making the business effective
- Understanding the external influences of business
Theme 2 - Building a Business
- Growing the business
- Making marketing decisions
- Making operational decisions
- Making financial decisions
- Making human resource decisions
Students start by exploring the world of small businesses through the lens of an entrepreneur. How and why do business ideas come about? What makes a successful business? They learn how to develop an idea, spot an opportunity and turn it into a successful business. They will understand how to make a business effective, manage money and see how the world around us affects small businesses and all the people involved.
Then students move on to investigating business growth. How does a business develop beyond the start-up phase? They learn about key business concepts and issues and decisions they need to make when growing and working in a global business. They learn about meeting customer needs, making marketing, operational, financial and human resourcing decisions and explore how the wider world impacts the business as it grows.
Proshare - Student Investor
All pupils are encouraged to participate in Proshare. This is a competition for pupils aged 14 to 19. The idea is to use £100,000 to purchase shares and hope that your purchases will increase in value. Top Prize - all expenses paid trip to New York and many other prizes.
IT rooms are available at lunch and after school for pupils to complete work.
Easter School support where needed.