The Public Sector Equality Duty
Hartford CoE High School stands against all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, disability or ability.
This is achieved through the following objectives:
- Promotion of cultural understanding and awareness of different religious beliefs between different ethnic groups within our school community
- Monitoring and promotion of the involvement of all groups of students in the extra-curricular life of the school, including leadership opportunities, especially students with special educational needs and disabilities
- Actively close gaps in attainment and achievement between students and all groups of students; especially students eligible for free-school meals, students with special educational needs and disabilities, looked after children and students from minority ethnic groups
- Continue to improve accessibility across the school for students, staff and visitors with disabilities, including access to specialist teaching areas
- Endeavour to ensure diversity in the staff body and in leadership roles
- Reduce the incidence of the use of racist, homophobic, biphobic, transphobic and sexist language by students in the school
- Review relevant school policies to ensure they clearly reflect the aim of inclusivity
Equality & Diversity
At Hartford Church of England High School, we are committed to working together to provide an inspirational and exciting learning environment for all our students. We believe that students should feel safe, happy and valued so that they gain a respectful, caring attitude towards each other and the environment.
This Accessibility Plan is drawn up in compliance with current legislation and requirements as specified in Schedule 10 of the Equality Act 2010, which relates to Disability. The School Governors, via the Finance and Resources Committee, are accountable for ensuring the implementation, review and reporting of progress of the Accessibility Plan over the prescribed period.
The Hartford CE High School Accessibility Plan indicates how access is to be improved for any disabled students, staff and visitors to the School within a given time-frame and anticipating the need to make reasonable adjustments to accommodate their needs where practicable. View our Accessibility Plan.
The School takes equality seriously and it permeates every aspect of our work. View our Equality and Diversity Policy.
If you would like to make a suggestion or complaint you can do so by emailing email@example.com
Please address your comments in the areas of:
- physical access,
- relationships and communications with others, and
- feelings of inclusion.
Hartford CE High School is committed to ensuring the site is accessible to all. Disabled parking and signage have been improved and ramps have now been installed around the site.