Design & Technology
"Design and Technology is about making things that people want and that work well. Creating these things is hugely exciting; it is an inventive, fun activity!"
- Alan Kelly - Head of Department, Teacher of Food Technology & Electronic Products
- Paul Williams - Teacher of Resistant Materials
- David Liburd - Teacher of Food Technology
- Gary Gardner - Teacher of Health & Social Care
Key Stage 3
The three areas of study in KS3 are Food Technology, Resistant Materials, and Electronics.
Pupils spend one term in each of the areas in each year of KS3.
Key Stage 4
We offer three GCSE options with AQA Specifications:
- Food Technology
- Resistant Materials
- Electronic Products
We also offer GCSE Health & Social Care with Edexel.
- In KS3 we have a Design & Technology club which runs at lunch times
- We also run a Baking Club three times a year, which lasts for 6 weeks and is open to everyone
- We compete in the Rotary Club Technology Challenge, and are the current regional champions
- We also enter the Young Chef Competition, which is a national competition and is open to KS3 only
- We participate in the Chefs ‘Adopt a School’ scheme in which our Year 10 pupils get to work with the Chef to improve their cooking skills
- We run a weekly technology club after school for Year 5 pupils from local primaries