Parent Governor Election10/02/20
PARENT GOVERNOR ELECTION - NOTICE AND NOMINATION PAPER FOR ELECTION TO BE HELD ON MONDAY 23RD MARCH 2020
NUMBER OF PARENT GOVERNOR VACANCIES : ONE.
Nominations are invited not later than Thursday 20th February 2020 for the election of a parent governor to the governing body for a four year period from Tuesday 24th March 2020
- Each candidate must be the parent of a registered pupil at the school at the time of the election and must agree to being nominated. Each nomination may be supported by a proposer and seconder, who may be the partner of the candidate. A parent may not propose or second more than one candidate. and the official nomination paper must be used. Self-nomination is permitted. Additional copies of the nomination paper can be obtained from the school if required. Nominations will be acknowledged. Please contact the school if you do not receive an acknowledgement.
- If more than one nomination is received an election will be held. Candidates may, therefore, wish to provide a statement of not more than 100 words which will be sent to parents with the ballot papers.
- Election Timetable:
Nominations close 2.00pm Thursday 20th February 2020
If no ballot is required then
- result will be available 3.00pm Thursday 20th February 2020
If a ballot is required then
- ballot papers will be issued Monday 9th March 2020
- ballot papers must be returned by 10.00am Monday 23rd March 2020
- count 2.00pm Monday 23rd March 2020
- result available 3.30pm Monday 23rd March 2020
Hartford Church of England High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all volunteers, including governors, to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check.
MR M W HOLLAND
Headteacher and Returning Officer 6th February 2020.
THE NOMINATION FORM MUST BE RETURNED TO THE SCHOOL NO LATER THAN 2.00pm ON THURSDAY 20TH FEBRUARY 2020
PLEASE MARK THE ENVELOPE "NOMINATION PAPER - PARENT GOVERNOR ELECTIONS"