Managing your Coronavirus Anxiety20/03/20
Local NHS Trust, Cheshire and Wirral Partnership (CWP), has launched a new mental health helpline for residents of Cheshire West, Cheshire East and Wirral.
Open 24 hours a day, seven-days a week, it is open to people of all ages including children and young people who need urgent mental health support
0300 303 3972
Online Safety Activity Packs from CEOP
Counselling & Support
- www.kooth.com offer “free safe and anonymous” online support for young people.
Mental Health & General Wellbeing Support
- In relation to difficult emotions, anger & risk, the Young Minds website is very useful for parents and young people www.youngminds.org.uk.
- Anxiety Canada, formerly Anxiety BC, offer tools and resources to help better manage anxiety www.anxietycanada.com. This website also offers the MindShift™ app, designed to help teens and young adults cope with anxiety.
- www.cwmt.org.uk provide self-help resources to promote resilience and mental wellbeing.
Apps (from https://www.nhs.uk/apps-library/ accessed 14/01/2020)
- Beat Panic – Overcome panic attacks and anxiety wherever you happen to be – Cost £0.99
- Big White Wall – Get round the clock support from therapists to help cope with stress and anxiety – Cost Free
- Blue Ice – This app helps young people manage their emotions and reduce urges to self-harm – Cost Free
- Calm Harm – Reduces urges to self-harm and manage emotions in a more positive way – Cost Free
- Chill Panda – Use breathing techniques to help you relax more, worry less and feel better – Cost Free
- distrACT – quick and discreet access to information and advice about self-harm and suicidal thoughts – Cost Free
- eQuoo: Emotional Fitness Game – Use adventure games designed by psychologists to help you increase your emotional fitness – Cost Free (with in-app purchases)
- Feeling Good: positive mind set – Use audio tracks to help relax your body and mind and build your confidence – Cost Free (with in-app purchases)
- MeeTwo – A safe and secure forum for teenagers wanting to discuss any issue affecting their lives – Cost Free
- My Possible Self: The Mental Health App – Learn how to manage fear, anxiety and stress and tackle unhelpful thinking – Cost Free (with in-app purchases)
- SilverCloud – An eight-week course to help you manage stress, anxiety and depression at your own pace – Cost Free
- Sleepio – An online sleep improvement programme, clinically proven to help you fall asleep faster – Cost Free in some areas
- Sleepstation – Connect with a team of sleep experts to help you fall asleep or stay asleep through the night – Cost Free with GP referral
- Student Health App – Reduce you worries, feel more confident and get the health information you need as a student – Cost Free
- Thrive – Use games to track your mood and teach yourself methods to control stress and anxiety – Cost Free
Additionally, the “Children and Young People’s Out of Hours Advice Line” on 01244 397644, Mon-Fri 5pm-10pm & Sat-Sun 12pm-8pm. As a team they offer telephone advice and support to young people & parents/carers whom may have concerns about a young person’s mental health.
Contact the CYP Wellbeing Hub if you wish to talk though any of these issues further between 13:00 and 17:00 Mon-Fri (Excluding BHs) on 01606 555120.