Headteacher Update - FACE MASK GUIDANCE UPDATE FROM 7TH JUNE 202104/06/21
We have just received the following email from CW&C. This means that from Monday June 7th students will be required to wear face coverings when they are indoors, including during lessons. I know this will be a disappointment to many but as a school we must follow this guidance.
In response to the increasing number of cases of COVID-19 the Director of Public Health is advising the re-introduction of face coverings for all staff and pupils in year 7 and above indoors while in school and college in the affected areas of Northwich and Winsford, including in classrooms where social distancing cannot be maintained, with the exception of certain lessons such as PE.
We will continue to monitor the need for face coverings to be in place on a weekly basis and issue further guidance once we have assessed that cases of the virus have reduced enough to no longer require face coverings.
Face coverings are part of a range actions that should be implemented to minimise the risk of spreading the virus. You should still:
• Maintain two metre social distancing from anyone outside of your household where possible
• Wear a face covering when entering public indoor buildings and travelling on public transport
• Wash your hands regularly with soap and warm water or hand sanitiser
• Undertake asymptomatic testing as a household twice a week
• Self-isolate with your household and get a PCR test if you develop symptoms of COVID-19 – even if your home test was negative
• Self-isolate for 10 days if you are a contact of a confirmed case
No-one will be excluded from education on the grounds that they are not wearing a face covering. For any pupils that do forget their face covering or their face covering becomes damp or damaged and they do not have a spare, schools will have a small emergency supply of single use masks.
In Caritas et Veritas,