Headteacher Update 4th January 202204/01/22
Please accept my heartfelt good wishes for a happy and successful 2022; I hope you and your families are well and that you have been able to enjoy the festive period.
I feel as if I have written the following email to you on many occasions over the past two years and I would ask once again that you take the time to read this through with your child. We will do everything we can to ensure that school continues as normal for our students.
- The main change in the new guidance is that face coverings will have to be worn in classrooms as well as communal areas. Please ensure that your child has a face covering (and preferably a spare).
- Please supervise your child taking a Lateral Flow Test on Tuesday evening (January 4th 2022) at home – let us know if the test is positive and go for a PCR. Please report any positive results to us at the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wednesday to Friday – Lateral Flow Testing of all students will also take place in school.
- You will also be aware that self-isolation rules changed just before Christmas. Following a positive PCR, if you test negative on Days 6 and 7 of self-isolation on Lateral Flow Tests you are able to return to work/school.
- If your child is absent due to Covid and well enough to work from home, work will be set on the Google Classroom.
- We will revert to all parental contacts/meetings taking place via telephone and remotely for the foreseeable future.
Public Sector organisations nationally have been asked to prepare contingency plans for staff absences of up to 25%. I have already shared our plans with you for this eventuality – we will look at the short term closure of specific year groups who will move to remote learning for a limited time.
We have also decided that Year 11 Period 6 will resume on Monday 10th January after the Christmas break.
More from me on Friday – and hopefully not before!
In Caritas et Veritas