Headteacher Update 29th November 202129/11/21
I know that you will be aware that the world of education has changed again over the weekend following DfE announcements yesterday.
We are now back to wearing face coverings in communal areas – corridors, canteens when not eating, reception, etc. The students have been excellent today with the new requirements in place – particularly Year 7 who have had to comply with this for the first time at school. We continue to support any child who wishes to wear a face covering in lessons but this is not yet a requirement as part of the guidance. There is still no requirement to re-create bubbles in school and assemblies and practice examinations will continue as normal until the guidance tells us otherwise.
All visitors to school must now wear a face covering and I would like to thank you in advance for your continued support with this.
IN SUMMARY WE HAVE IN PLACE:
- A request that students and staff complete Lateral Flow Tests at home twice a week
- Students in zones at the start of every school day
- Hand sanitising on entry to classrooms
- Open windows to aid ventilation
- Social distancing where possible
- Split breaks and lunches
- Enhanced cleaning during the school day
- Face coverings in communal areas for students, staff and visitors
- No bells
- Proactive management of movement around the site with appropriate one-way systems
I cannot promise this will be the last email before Friday as it is likely that guidance will be tweaked over the next few days.
In Caritas et Veritas