Headteacher Update 25th June 202125/06/21
I hope you are well.
The situation in Cheshire West regarding the number of Covid-19 cases continues to be a concern and schools have been asked to share the following messages with you from Public Health England. I am sorry that the advice may appear contradictory; the first bullet point is current local advice and the second bullet point is more general national advice.
- Surge Testing: People who live or work in Winsford, Northwich and two Chester postcode areas (CH1 3 and CH1 4) are asked to book a COVID-19 test in response to the increase in positive cases of the Delta COVID-19 variant in the area. All staff, parents and pupils living, attending school or working in these areas are strongly encouraged to take a PCR test, whether or not they are showing symptoms and regardless of whether they have had the COVID-19 vaccine. Residents who have had a positive PCR test in the last 90 days do not need to take another PCR test at this time. To book a test you should visit https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test and select ‘My local council or health protection team has asked me to get a test, even though I do not have symptoms‘ or call 119. Lateral Flow Device home tests should not be used instead of a PCR test in this situation. Please notify the school if you or your child test positive.
- With the increase in cases with variants of concern, it is important to detect cases of coronavirus to keep covid out of the classroom. While robust measures remain in place to keep students and staff safe, it is vitally important that young people at secondary school and college continue to test twice weekly and report the results.
The Secretary of State for Education has written an open letter to parents to encourage them to continue supporting their children to test twice a week. The result of a rapid test could be positive, negative or even void, but results should always be reported.
Tests can be obtained from schools and colleges, and to report results, parents and pupils can go to www.gov.uk/report-covid19-result or call 119 free from a mobile or landline. Lines are open every day, 7am to 11pm.
END OF TERM/RETURNING TO SCHOOL IN SEPTEMBER
Please find below a timeline for our return to school in September:
- FRIDAY 16TH JULY: END OF TERM, STUDENTS LEAVE AT 1PM
- TUESDAY 31ST AUGUST: YEAR 7 INDUCTION DAY
- WEDNESDAY 1ST SEPTEMBER: INSET DAY
- THURSDAY 2ND SEPTEMBER: INSET DAY
- FRIDAY 3RD SEPTEMBER: INSET DAY
- MONDAY 6TH SEPTEMBER: YEAR 7 INDUCTION; YEARS 8 – 11 PROGRESS DAY
- TUESDAY 7TH SEPTEMBER: YEARS 7 – 11 IN SCHOOL
In Caritas et Veritas,