Headteacher Update 2 18th December 2020 - IMPORTANT INFORMATION21/12/20
Following government directives over the last two days it appears that we have no choice other than to do the following from the start of the new term in January 2021:
- Monday 4th January will be an extra INSET Day.
- Year 11 students will attend school as normal from Tuesday 5th January.
- Children of Key Workers and vulnerable children will attend school from Tuesday 5th January.
- All other students will access Online learning from Tuesday 5th January to Friday 8th January with staff delivering lessons from school.
- All students will attend school as normal from Monday 11th January.
If you are a Key worker of a child in Years 7 – 10 and you feel that your child needs to be in school during the first week of term please log on to the link below and let us know. Children in Years 7 – 10 will be supervised and access exactly the same work as those at home; they will not be in lessons with their teachers as their teachers will be delivering lessons online.
Please complete the form if you qualify as a key worker and require your child to access the provision at school from the 5th - 8th January 2021.
I am really sorry to spring an extra INSET Day on you at such short notice but it will help us prepare for the possibility of administering mass testing of Covid-19 for students and staff. We are still very unclear of the specific details of this and the timing of the announcement and corresponding guidance has been less than helpful; there are so many practical considerations to take into account.
I am very rarely lost for words but this is one of those times. Delivering remote learning is something we are able to do but a foray into the medical profession is something I decided against in 1983. Your support as parents during the pandemic has been exceptional; please continue to trust us to do the right thing for our children.
In Caritas et Veritas,