Covid-19 Update 22nd May 202022/05/20
I hope that you and your families are well. At the time of writing we are still no nearer knowing what government plans are for the extent of reopening after half term. We will continue to open for designated children and I will update you further as soon as I know more. The current situation is that Years 7 – 9 will not be returning until September at the earliest and that there will be ‘some face to face contact’ with students in Year 10 before the summer holiday.
In the meantime I can confirm the following:
- For the first time we are copying into this email parents of current Year 6 children who will be part of our school community in September.
- No work will be set for students over the half term break.
- This week we have been looking to develop our teaching and learning approach to include some taught lessons.
- We are sorry that we are unable to give specific feedback on much of the work completed at Key Stage 3. We are looking at developing more generic whole class feedback on work completed.
- We have made a number of teaching staff appointments in the last three weeks and I am happy to tell you that we are now fully staffed for September.
- Part of the East Building has been demolished (mainly the gym area); although we are still a number of weeks away from completing this phase.
I have said before how much I regret the fact that we are unable to educate your children in school. In looking for the positives: although I am spending at least part of most days working from school, my new shoes are getting very little wear and tear; and my latest lockdown haircut is the best yet – my stylist is very skilled with a blade!
I hope you are able to have a relaxing half term break.
In Caritas et Veritas,