Exams – All you need to know
EXTERNAL EXAMINATION EQUIPMENT
Please ensure you bring all listed equipment to EVERY exam in a clear plastic pencil case or plastic bag.
- 12″ ruler
- 3 x HB pencils
- Pencil sharpener
- 3 x black pens (must only be black)
- Highlighter pen
- Coloured pencils (required for certain exams e.g. GCSE Res Mats)
- An exam board approved calculator (i.e. one which does not have a databank, dictionary, text facility or contain mathematical formula
You must not bring in gel pens, tippex or other correcting materials.
- You are to arrive at school 15 minutes prior to an exam start time
- When taking exams, bags and coats should be left at the rear of the main venues in line with the row you are to sit in
- Electronic items, including mobile phones, smart watches, ipods should be turned off and placed in your bag before you enter the venue. This is very important – if a phone or smart watch is found, there is a good chance that your whole exam will be cancelled
- You must not have notes, MP3 players, ipods, etc in your possession
- You must bring all equipment as listed above and any other stationery which is required for your exam. Only clear pencil cases are allowed on your desk
- In an exam where you have the use of a calculator, you are not permitted to have the lid with you either on or under your desk and any data stored in the calculator must be deleted prior to entering the exam hall
- There is to be no talking or communication between students once you enter the exam hall. If you have any questions, you should raise your hand once seated and an invigilator will come to you
- Please dress sensibly for the exam. The temperature in the exam room can fluctuate enormously during the May/June period
- No food is allowed in the exam hall (if you have a special requirement – please see Mrs Kettle, Exams Officer, before the exams)
- Water bottles are allowed in the exam hall. These should be clear bottles with a spill-proof cap. There should be no label on the bottle.
CONTACT THE EXAM BOARD
• 0844 209 6614
• 0844 576 0025
• 01223 553 998
• 020920 265 000
Summer 2017 certificates will be issued to students at our Certificate Evening in November 2017. Invites will be sent out in the post. If this is not feasible then leavers can collect their certificates at West Office from Monday 27th November.
- Ideally the student should collect their certificates in person
- If the student would like someone to collect their certificates, (e.g. Parent/Grandparent, friend etc), then we need a signed letter from the student to state this and the person named in the letter will be asked for i.d. to verify who they are
Students should note that it is their responsibility to check that they have received all of their certificates and that all the grades showing are correct. This is particularly important for students who have had units or subjects remarked. If a student has any queries regarding their certificates, they should come to the Exams Office immediately.
JCQ DOCUMENTATION FOR STUDENTS
Please click HERE for a list of examination dates
Please click HERE for the SUMMER 2017 GCSE TIMETABLE