Curriculum Leader: Miss A Sadler
Miss S Hughes – Teacher of Art
Key Stage 3
• Basic skills programme looking at key visual elements such as Colour, Tone, Shape, Pattern, Line and Texture.
• Key skills: Painting, drawing and Sculpture.
• Artist inspired project where pupils begin to comment upon and develop work in the style of a chosen artist.
• Culture Themed Project
• Nature and Environment
• Key skills: Painting, Drawing, Printmaking and Sculpture.
• Graffiti Art
• Key skills: Painting Drawing, Graphics, 3D Relief Sculpture. Writing about works of Art.
• Development of independent learning skills in preparation for GCSE.
Key Stage 4
AQA GCSE Art and Design
Coursework – 60%
Exam – 40%
Coursework Project 1: Themed study introducing the GCSE Assessment objectives and encouraging pupils to explore and experiment using a sketchbook.
Coursework Project 2: Personal Project, pupils select their own artists to study and their own theme. Pupils can select their own media and discipline to work within for this project.
Key Skills: Painting, Drawing, Sculpture, Textiles, Printmaking, Presentation and organisation within sketchbook work and personal organisation and motivation.
• Mock exam project from September – December
• Externally set exam question January – Easter
Weekly Art Clubs for All Year groups
Art Leaders in lessons, pupils are encouraged to support each other in their learning and take the lead on special projects.